I get a lot of questions about supplements...
Whether a wrestler wants to get strong but keep their weight down, gain weight, lose fat etc. they all ask about what the best supplements are...
I always wind up asking the same 2 questions beforeI give an answer...
"What does your training program look like?"
"What does your daily meal plan look like?"
I usually get an answer that suggests an Ok program that needs to be improved, and a meal plan that consistsof crap food and no plan of high-performance eating.
That's usually when I tell them that they are wasting their time and money with supplements...
Supplements simply mean 'in addition to'. If you don'thave a sound eating program that consists of natural foods, with lean protein, fibrous carbohydrates, and unprocessed complex carbohydrates, you're wasting your time.
If you don't have a training system that uses the fuel (food)you put in for energy and repair then you're wastingyour time and money with supplements.
Get your daily training and meal plan systems consistent, then use supplements.
I'll talk about specific supplements next week that can take your wrestling performance up a notch...
Until then, make sure you start today with a proper meal plan and program!
PS. If you're not sure what to eat or what program touse we have tons of examples you can use immediately at Wrestling Performance. Heck, we're even giving you a copy of The Wrestling Nutritionist meal planning software just for trying us out for 21 days!
- ► 2009 (27)
- 6 Minute Conditioning Kicked My @$$!
- 10 Tips to pack on muscle and move UP a weight cla...
- How To Make Your Takedowns Twice as Effective!
- Should Wrestlers Take Supplements?
- How To Get a Wrestling Scholarship!
- How To Get Into Top Condition Fast... Every Wrestl...
- How To Cut Weight Without Losing Strength!
- 3 Supplements for Wrestlers Who Are Cutting Weight...
- 2 Day Per Week Inseason Power and Strength Workout...
- Why Jogging Is Hurting Your Wrestling Performance!...
- ▼ October (10)
- Steve Preston
- I am a 20 + years Sports Performance Specialist. I work exclusively with wrestlers to help them gain strength, speed, flexibility and endurance to win more matches. I also coach wrestlers on how to cut weight without losing strength. My website www.wrestlingperformance.com is a members-only site where you can get hundreds of my articles, tips, strategies, workouts, interviews etc. to help you gain the edge. I also provide personal coaching in our members forum :) I'm a dog lover... My Schnauzer named Gracie is our baby. My wife is Michelle, the greatest person in my life.