You may or may not be looking for a college wrestling scholarship... I don't know.
But even if you're not, you might know someone who is.
Today I'm going to deviate a little bit and give you 3 incredible tips you can use when looking for a wrestling scholarship to college...
How do I know?
Because I had the opportunity to interview one of the nation's most knowledgeable guys on the subject of getting scholarships... and I picked his brain for an hour, getting a ton of great tips and strategies to wrestle at the college of your dreams!
Tip #1 - Don't Send a Highlight Video
A lot of guys who want to wrestle in college send highlight videos of themselves to every school they are interested in.
These videos showcase their best wins, pins, takedowns,escapes, reversals etc...
But there's a problem... They never show you lose, or howyou take a loss, or what you do when you're struggling.
Coaches know that 'most' guys, no matter how good they are, will lose matches here and there... even the guys looking for scholarships.
Guess what? Coaches want to see that! They want to get to know you... not some highlight film that everyone sends.
Tip #2 - The ONLY Word That MUST Be On Your Video
There's a word that will help you get your wrestling videos looked at by college coaches...
This word makes the difference between you getting a shot at getting looked at and your video getting put in some dusty closet, or worse... the garbage can!
That word is 'unedited'!
It's really refreshing for a coach to see that you didn't use some Hollywood production company to show who you want them to see... not the real you.
When you put the word 'unedited' on the envelope you instill a sense of comfort, and curiosity to the addressee.
It's simply human nature... It's one of those 'buzz' words that people are interested in.
Let's face it, trying to get a wrestling scholarship is a business for schools and a job for you... do it right!
Tip #3 - Always Use a Big Envelope
If you want to make sure you get your video and letters opened, you have to stand out.
If you send a letter in a business envelope, typed nicely,with intentions of impressing the coaches with your professionalism, you're screwed!
You're more likely to get coaches to open your mail ifyou send it in a bigger manilla envelope.
This always gets people more curious...
Oh yeah, people love bulky things too... So if you aren't sending your dvd or video, try attaching your school's wrestling pin on the top of the letter. This will make your envelope more bulky... and much more likely to be opened!!
PS. If you would like a step-by-step blue-print on exactlyhow to get a wrestling scholarship, I'm giving away the entire audio/transcription download of the one hour interview that tells you how! You can only get it for a short time by simply trying out my Wrestling Performance website... Go to:
... and get all the details!
- ► 2009 (27)
- 6 Minute Conditioning Kicked My @$$!
- 10 Tips to pack on muscle and move UP a weight cla...
- How To Make Your Takedowns Twice as Effective!
- Should Wrestlers Take Supplements?
- How To Get a Wrestling Scholarship!
- How To Get Into Top Condition Fast... Every Wrestl...
- How To Cut Weight Without Losing Strength!
- 3 Supplements for Wrestlers Who Are Cutting Weight...
- 2 Day Per Week Inseason Power and Strength Workout...
- Why Jogging Is Hurting Your Wrestling Performance!...
- ▼ October (10)
- Steve Preston
- I am a 20 + years Sports Performance Specialist. I work exclusively with wrestlers to help them gain strength, speed, flexibility and endurance to win more matches. I also coach wrestlers on how to cut weight without losing strength. My website www.wrestlingperformance.com is a members-only site where you can get hundreds of my articles, tips, strategies, workouts, interviews etc. to help you gain the edge. I also provide personal coaching in our members forum :) I'm a dog lover... My Schnauzer named Gracie is our baby. My wife is Michelle, the greatest person in my life.