Before I begin with today’s tip on supplements for wrestlerswho cut weight, I’d like to say that if it were up to menobody would cut weight…
…then we would see a whole, new-level of peak performancewrestling!
But since it’s not up to me, I want to help you do itcorrectly if you so choose…
Supplements for Wrestlers
Maybe one of the biggest reasons wrestlers fail toperform at their best is because they don’t everrecover from wrestling and training.
Most wrestlers that I know get over-trainedhalf-way through the season.
You simply cannot go to school all day,wrestle at practice, wrestle at club, wrestleat tournaments, dual meets, workout, do homework,family commitments, cut weight, etc. withoutburning out…
There has to be a balance.
The previous sections in this ecourse haveaddressed some things that will help…
Sometimes, you have to look at your nutritionin order to prevent burn-out and over-training.
Since many wrestlers cut weight, it’s even harderto get the nutrition your body needs to wrestle atits best.
This is where supplementation can be a good thing.
*** Always get your doctor’s advise beforetaking any supplements***
There are a lot of bogus supplements and companiesout there.
I’ve made myself a guinea pig over the years inorder to find out what supplements will give wrestlersan advantage…
Here are the supplements that I find most helpfulin preventing overtraining and burnout in wrestlers:
———-The Post-Workout Recovery Drink———-
What you consume immediately following a gruelingpractice or workout is the most important thingyou can do to recover, and continue wrestling well.
Post-workout recovery drinks should be consumedImmediately following practice or working out.
If you are on a tight budget, I’d recommend thatyou drink 16 oz. of chocolate milk within 20 minutesof practice or a workout.
Chocolate milk contains protein and simple sugarsin the correct amounts to aid in recovery.
You can even make your own drink by mixing:o Apple or grape juice (60-80 grams of sugar)o 1 scoop whey protein (about 22 grams)
This is a step up from chocolate milk…
L-glutamine is the most abundant amino acid in thebody. It is the key to preventing muscle breakdownwhen your body is working too hard.
L-glutamine can help you keep muscle on your bodywhen you are cutting weight.
It spares the muscle when you aren’t eating enoughcalories and allows the body to use fat for energy instead.
It is found in many whey protein powders, so youmight not need to look further than your protein forumula.
———-Branched Chain Amino Acids———-
Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAA’s) are leucine,Isoleucine, and Valine.
These amino acids also help the body spare musclein times of stress and low calories.
They can be very helpful in allowing a wrestlerto make it through the demands of the season, and still stay strong.
That’s all for now…
P.S. If you want to stay strong you have to eatthe right wrestling-foods. Grab a f*r*e*e copy of the ‘Wrestling Nutritionist’ meal-planning software as a BONUS when you join Wrestling Performance today!
- ► 2009 (27)
- 6 Minute Conditioning Kicked My @$$!
- 10 Tips to pack on muscle and move UP a weight cla...
- How To Make Your Takedowns Twice as Effective!
- Should Wrestlers Take Supplements?
- How To Get a Wrestling Scholarship!
- How To Get Into Top Condition Fast... Every Wrestl...
- How To Cut Weight Without Losing Strength!
- 3 Supplements for Wrestlers Who Are Cutting Weight...
- 2 Day Per Week Inseason Power and Strength Workout...
- Why Jogging Is Hurting Your Wrestling Performance!...
- ▼ October (10)
- Steve Preston
- I am a 20 + years Sports Performance Specialist. I work exclusively with wrestlers to help them gain strength, speed, flexibility and endurance to win more matches. I also coach wrestlers on how to cut weight without losing strength. My website www.wrestlingperformance.com is a members-only site where you can get hundreds of my articles, tips, strategies, workouts, interviews etc. to help you gain the edge. I also provide personal coaching in our members forum :) I'm a dog lover... My Schnauzer named Gracie is our baby. My wife is Michelle, the greatest person in my life.